Hi everyone, you’ll be happy (or perhaps indifferent) to know that I did not fail my last calculus exam *cue the exotic dancers to celebrate* Which means I will be answering the 4 fact survey. Check out sadaptation and her wonderful, candid blog. Mental illness is hard, but the words we type as a community make us stronger. Let’s get to it. (I skipped a few questions because I couldn’t come up with answers).
Four jobs I’ve had:
- Debate Coach: I debated all throughout high school so after I graduated I started coaching.
- IB Economics Substitute Teacher
- Junior Financial Analyst: Sounds fancier than it was. All I did was research, research, research and tell my boss whenever I found an interesting number.
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
- Unfortunately and much to my embarrassment, Twilight. I was also (don’t judge) Team Edward.
- I also loved the sound of music. Fun fact: My parents used to tell me the movie ended before the family was prosecuted by the Nazis. It wasn’t until I was older I saw that this part existed.
- L’Histoire d’Adèle H. A movie about Victor Hugo’s batshit crazy daughter. I have a feeling you would love this (it’s on Netflix).
- Burlesque because omg Christina Aguilera and Cher
Four books or authors I recommend:
- I’ll say it once more: Gabriel García Márquez. He wrote during the Latin American Literature Boom. Before this boom, it was very difficult for authors to get published, so once it hit, Latin America was swarmed by incredible art. The description, the themes, the plot: They get me every time. Love in the Time of Cholera, thank me later.
- Aura: Carlos Fuentes. Suuuper short read, you can probably find it in a PDF. I won’t tell you the ending but it gives me chills. Every. Single. Time. I have goosebumps whilst writing this.
- Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy. Take a tour through hell with the narrator. Especially mind blowing if you read a little about the historical context.
- Pride and Prejudice: Jane Austen. Need I say more?
Four places I’ve visited:
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Bogotá, Colombia
- Transylvania, Romania
- All of Bermuda (because it’s tiny lol)
Four things I’d rather be doing right now:
- Not procrastinating because of my upcoming econ and accounting exams
- Watching a movie
- Anything in the summer, this semester will be my undoing
Four foods I prefer not to eat:
- I also prefer to not eat meat. However, that’s not really an option in my house
- Eggs. Some people eat them kind of slimy and it makes me want to stab my tongue out of my mouth.
- Sometimes my mom gets creative and makes soup out of leftover in the fridge. No thank you.
- I actually think twinkies and all those sickly-sweet treats are gross. I also do not like candy unless it is sour, spicy or chocolate.
Four of my favorite foods:
- Salads with a bunch of nuts and fruits
- Sushi, all day, every day
- Som Tum (green papaya salad, it’s a Thai dish, you HAVE to try it)
- Anything pasta
Four television shows I watch:
- House of Cards: Because I clearly have a thing for politics
- Once Upon a Time: Because I still love a good fairy tale
- The Originals: Because I never got over vampires apparently
- America’s Next Top Model: Because we all have guilty pleasures
Four things I’m looking forward to this year:
- Finishing my semester
- Travelling 🙂 I’ll be going to London for the first time ever soon
- Learning to cope with my anxiety and finding a good work-life balance
- Trying to grow as a person. Each day I try to look at myself in the mirror and tell myself that today is the person I am, and a glimpse at who I will become. I’m trying to make all of those glimpses positive and beautiful
Four things I’m always saying:
- What grade did you get? (I’m trying to change this, comparing myself to others is not good)
- Anyone up for breakfast?
- In real life I say fuck in between every fucking word
- Have a nice day
So, that’s about it.